Nature Awareness and Observation Skills - Changed to June 17 - Single Day - $75
The perfect course for people who want to get away from the mad rush, have a relaxing weekend, while learning practical skills that will enhance the way you experience your time spent in nature.
Our Nature Alive Retreat is quiet, beautiful, and comfortable. And it is the perfect setting to enjoy the majesty of the Boreal Forest with the arrival of hundreds of song birds and the greening of all the plants and trees.
Originally scheduled as a full weekend course - we have now reduced it to a single day - Saturday 9:30am to 4pm
- Learn to glean insightful information from bird song to help you move through nature with less disruption to the birds and animals living there
- Experience different ways to walk through the forest and broadcast your body language in a way that is non-threatening to animals
- Discover how to read landscapes for clues on where to have the greatest potential to see and watch animals
- Develop an eye for animal tracks and trails that will help to inform you about the fascinating complexity of all the creatures living in the forest
What is Provided:
You can choose to stay overnight in one of our Cabins, bring your RV, or camp in your tent. Cabins are on a first come basis. Fees vary depending on your accommodation choice.
- Shower facility, hot tub, campfire pit for evening socializing, trails, and 160 acres of Boreal Forest.
- Instructor sessions: Saturday - 9am to around 4pm, with a break for lunch (note - meals not provided).
- All materials for sessions will be provided.
- Group First Aid Kit
What to Bring:
- Personal camping gear, tent or RV
- Please bring your own meals and cookware. There is a campfire for cooking, picnic tables, potable water, and a place for compost and grey water. Also a gazebo over the campfire for inclement weather.
- We do NOT have hookups for RV's or Trailers
- Camera, phone, video camera, notepad and pen, binoculars
- Rain gear and extra waterproof footwear - we go out in all weather.
- Personal medications and personal First Aid Kit
- Insect spray, water bottle, bear spray (if you have it)
- You can arrive Saturday morning if convenient.
- Teaching sessions are based on practical skills and enhancing your senses. We will not be teaching deep meditation, ceremony, rituals, or communion with entities of nature.
- Level of Fitness - there will be some relaxed walking on trails and walking in the forest. There shouldn't be any physical exertion or challenging terrain.
- Minimum 4 participants Maximum 10 participants
- For ages 18 and up