Winter Hot Tent Introduction December 2, 2023 -$80 -$140
This day workshop will introduce you to the wonderful aspects of winter camping with canvas tents, wood stoves, and all the gear required to be comfortable.
$80 per person
$140 per family
Location & Time:
- At our Nature Alive Adventure Center near Goose Lake, Alberta. It's 2.5 hours drive Northwest of Edmonton
- 9:00 am to 5 pm
- Option 2 - arrange to spend the night in a Hot Tent with Stove, and stay until Sunday. Please contact us for details on this option.
No prior winter camping experience is required for this trip. However, warm weather camping experience is recommended.
What To Expect: We will introduce you to all the following gear and discuss many options for hot tenting:
- Clothing, footwear, and sleep systems
- Set up and packing - Wall Tent, Shackleton Tent, and Campfire Tent
- Custom Freight Toboggans - construction, loading, and hauling
- Wood Stove management
- Cots and mattresses
What is Provided:
- We will show you all the gear to get started with hot tenting.
- A warm fire, hot drinks, bathroom, and warm building when needed.
- We will located right at our Adventure Center for the day
What you Provide:
- Your own lunch, snacks, and refreshments
- Warm clothing and footwear to be outside for the day
- You are welcome to bring along any winter camping gear that you would like to review with us
- Minimum 6, Maximum 12
- Families welcome
- Directions and gear list will be sent out before the workshop
Please contact us if you have and questions or want additional information.